Use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® White Wax to soften and lighten Chalk Paint® colors. This white chalk paint wax can also be applied directly onto unvarnished wood to create a limed look. Chalk Paint Wax® will seal and protect furniture and walls painted with Chalk Paint® decorative paint.
Apply a thin coat of white wax, removing any excess with a clean cloth. Less is more, so there's no need to apply wax too thickly. If you do over-apply the wax, you can wipe back any excess with clear Chalk Paint® Wax, making sure every part of your piece has been waxed at least once.
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® White Wax is not suitable for outdoor use. After care: wipe clean with a damp cloth. For tough marks, use a proprietary spray cleaner and rewax if necessary.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO USING CHALK PAINT® WAX
- Before you start waxing, paint your piece of furniture, working your brush every which way. You don’t want to apply too much pressure. What you’re aiming for is even coverage.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- Using a Chalk Paint Wax Brush or a lint-free cloth, apply Chalk Paint® Wax. Work in large areas, sweeping the wax over the paint.
- You are aiming to cover every bit of paint. Check that you haven’t missed any sections. Go over them with wax, if so.
- Using a lint-free cloth, go over the waxed surface quite lightly in order to remove any excess wax.
- *Optional* If you’d like a polished finish, leave your piece overnight and buff the wax the next day with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Whilst Chalk Paint® Wax will be dry within 24 hours, it can take up to 2 weeks to cure (fully harden). You can use the piece during this time, but just with a little caution.
Now you’ve waxed your furniture, you can be confident your paintwork is protected. Any marks can be wiped clean with a damp cloth too. Chalk Paint® Wax offers enough protection for most applications, but if you’d like to protect your flooring, skirting boards or garden furniture, try Chalk Paint Lacquer instead.
For more tips to get you started, take a look at our Chalk Paint® Fact Sheet.